Friday, March 18, 2011

Pencil Drawing is Always Fun

I have always enjoyed pencil drawing.  It only takes a pencil and some sketch paper of some kind to do a pencil drawing.  I'm a little unorthodox in that I like to use a .05mm mechanical pencil with B lead.  I will draw on anything from bristle paper to copy paper.  I have used tracing paper and sketch paper depending on what the drawing will be used for.

This sketch of two running horses was done on plain copy paper with my mechanical pencil.  It was on of sevearl composition produced in preparation for a large carved wood mantle to go in a home in Idaho.  There were three different compostions in all.


I produced this drawing on a good sketch paper as a study for watercolor painting I did about ten years ago.  It is the Heber C. Kimball home in old Nauvoo, IL.  This drawing is about 9"x12", and the painting is 28"x32".  May I say the painting looks wonderful in its frame?


These two drawings are location drawings.  The one on the left is a drawing I did while visiting some friends in St. George, UT.  It is of the red cliffs above the Kayenta housing development.  I was drawn on quaility sketch paper about 9"x12" in size.
The drawing on the right was made while I was sitting on the porch of a beach house on the Oregon coast.  The day was overcast and a little breezy.  The drawing is also 9"x12" on quality sketch paper.


You may have guessed by looking at my blog that I like doing wildlife.  These four drawings are also 9"x12" and they were done with my mechanical pencil on bristle paper.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine handbags idea hermes handbags birkin replica series lv ipad cover louis vuitton bags blogspot cabbage slim laptop case lexical hardworking rare [url=http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm]celine bags[/url]