Friday, January 14, 2011

I love to draw horses


The first thing I remember drawing when I was about five or six years old was a horse.  I wanted to own a horse from the time I was just a little boy.  I rode horses a lot during my youth, but was never able to own one.  I raised other animals but never a horse.  My favorite horses are quarter horses, thoroughbreds, and Arabians.  I love the build, and quickness of a quarter horse.  I love the speed of a thoroughbred.  I love the dished head and large eyes of an arabian.  I love their stamina.

I found a picture on the internet of this black horse.  It is supposed to be a quarter horse, but it has the head of a thoroughbred.  I love it's form as it gallops through an open field of wildflowers.  I painted it in colored pencil.  The painting is about 12"x15".  I did the painting on 17.5" x 23" high rag content white paper so the large white field around the painting can be part of the matting when it is framed.  I am excited to get prints made.  I haven't decided on a sales price for the original yet, but probably around $250 or so. 
11"x14" prints will likely be $45.

No comments: